With Valentine's Day right around the corner, we are either:
a) Preparing ourselves to gag at the disgusting couples being all "lovey"
b) Anticipating the holiday because we are in one of those disgusting lovey couples
c) Trying to ignore it because it's a stupid holiday anyway
Whichever of the three options, this quick DIY if guaranteed to make ANYONE happy.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: BACON ROSES
1. Run to a craft store or dollar store. Grab a bouquet of fake roses. When you get home, pop off the petals. (You might need to cut them depending how well they're secured!)
2. Fry up some bacon on the stove! It's important to NOT make it too crispy because you won't be able to mold it into the rose shape. Take it off the pan once they're nice and done, but still soft.
3. Let them cool for a couple minutes on a paper towel so you don't burn your hands when you mold!
4. Once they're cooled down, start rolling! Roll one end of a piece of bacon all the way to the other side. Put it on top of your stem where the petals USED to be!
5. Continue rolling and attaching to the stems until you have a full bouquet!
SERVE AND ENJOY!!
A quick note: I wouldn't suggest making this and then transporting it anywhere. Unless you can think of a way to securely fasten the bacon to the stems, they're pretty much just resting on it, which makes for a lousy car ride.
And there you go! Perfect for anyone - your girlfriend, boyfriend, best friend, mom, dad, or even YOURSELF!!
Happy Valentine's Day! (Almost!)