As 2013 comes to an end, I have been trying to think about something to write about. Most things that came to mind were downright cliche and overdone. Finally, inspiration hit, thanks to a fellow blogger. (Thanks, Mike Fuller.)
Instead of reflecting on 2013 (which I'm sure I will do in a later post when it's not almost 1:00 in the morning), I'm going to write as if it's the end of 2014 and I am wrapping up that year. Notice my title- intentional. I know it's a little New Years Resolution-y, but it's with more direction. Saying "I'm going to go to the gym more and I'm going to be nicer" doesn't always work for everyone. So, here's my wrap up of 2014 before it even began.
1. I graduated from Rowan (finally). They may or may not have pronounced my last name correctly. My family and I went out for a nice lunch afterwards and we took cheesy pictures in front of a tree somewhere as I pretended to know how to properly hold a bouquet of flowers.
2. I got in the car with my sister and didn't die. She just got her license. Pray for us all.
3. I applied to a bunch of graduate schools and graduate assistantships and selected one (if any) that fit my list. OR...(if I couldn't find one that fit my list), I applied to a zillion elementary school teaching jobs in New Jersey and was hired for one. Whichever of these two options happens, I will love. I know it.
4. I stopped being as stubborn with Ryan.
5. I celebrated a friend's engagement. Come on guys, it's bound to happen to someone.
6. I accepted the fact that I am practically obsessed with carbs, but have come to terms with the fact that my body simply can't handle as much as I would like it to.
7. I remembered to not put my cheap shirts in the dryer. I also remembered to turn off the stove every time I cooked.
8. I took the stairs more than I did in 2013.
9. I met three awesome new friends. I've also kept the awesome friends I had already.
10. I enjoyed drinking red wine and eating sushi...actual, real sushi, not chicken tempura.
11. I painted a picture on the enormous canvas I bought in 2012.
12. I slowed down from 2013. I "just breathed" more.
13. I saw two fantastic country concerts and drank a beer on our lawn seats.
14. I watched Rowan Club Softball beat a team we never beat before.
15. I visited the PROS. They were fabulous, as always.
16. I called my family members more.
17. I pitched with my dad. We spoke in ridiculous accents the majority of the time.
18. I met Ryan's family in upstate New York.
19. I did not buy a pair of heels that was less than $30.
20. I wrote in my blog all year.
And there you have it. Right now, on December 31, 2013, it seems like 2014 will be a pretty great year. Cheers, to the New Year! Hoping everyone has a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2014.