tequila lime shrimp
apparently we're having a mexican-inspired week here at our household. i'm okay with it.
the other night, we made tequila lime shrimp! here's how:
(prep: get the shrimp ready! make sure they get to room temperature and remove shells and de-vein. tails can be left on, but we took them off for this. season the shrimp with salt and pepper and let it sit on a paper towel to remove excess moisture.)
1. first, add butter and olive oil into a sauce pan. add chopped garlic and red onion. cook until soft. add the zest and juice from one lime and let cook on medium heat.
2. add ground cumin and chili powder to the sauce pan. let it cook for a few minutes on medium/low.
3. in another pan, add olive oil. when it's hot, put the shrimp in (on medium heat) and cook the shrimp for a few minutes on each side.
4. turn up the heat on the lime sauce. when hot, de-glaze the pan with a couple shots of tequila! allow 2-3 minutes for the alcohol to cook off. at this point, the shrimp should be finishing up!
5. pour the tequila lime sauce over the shrimp and get ready to serve! we poured it over couscous and added some feta (i love it!). enjoy it with a margarita and some guac!
Leave a Reply.