With a "plan" of moving out in the somewhat foreseeable future, I've had apartment-decorating on my mind. (At the same time, I have saving money on my mind.) To make the two thoughts come to an agreement, I've been trying to think of a lot of DIY projects that I could do to eventually furnish and decorate an apartment.
A few months ago, my parents got rid of their ottoman because it was looking pretty worn out:
But I knew this could be saved! So this morning, I went to Joanne's Fabric and bought three yards of fabric good for upholstering furniture. (Joanne's always has good sales, which always helps!)
After a little bit of tugging and using the staple gun (again), we got it to look like this:
Much better, if I say so myself!